Wednesday, November 28, 2007

‘Dat-a-Too-Tousund?

Some stories are worthy of being recounted. And some are not, but they often still appear on Bebemoche.

Those of you who read me in 2006 will remember my fondness for the rental ‘Bu (i.e., the Chevy Malibu). I happen to be cruising around Beantown in such a vehicle. This particular gold specimen has a fuel light that never goes out. That’s right – the ‘Bu is keepin’ me on my toes. Ah, that quality American engineering.

Once upon a time, I had much more fabulous rental vehicles...

It was late in 2000 and my brother and I were up to some suspicious activities, namely, driving through the Krystal drive-thru in Memphis, and yes, actually ordering food. I was incredibly embarrassed not only to be a Krystal but, more importantly, to be cruising around town in none other than the 2000 Chevy Cavalier (MSRP -5000 Pesos). Alas, I can not recall if it was a coupe.



Lo and behold, when Brozo and I drove up to the cashier’s window, the cashier enthusiastically complemented me on my fabulous car and said, “ ‘Dat-a Too-Tousund?”

It was all Brozo and I could do to keep from bursting into laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...