...and no, it is not simply the fact that I am hallucinating after my 22 hour workday, a new personal low this past week, especially since said workday began at 5AM.
This is a true story.
I am staying in some horrible Marriott in the suburbs of Virginia. The upside of my newfound "home" is that it is only a ten minute drive from my client site. Convenient, seeing as my clients see fit to start work very early in the morning. In fact, this week one of them was so bold as to call me before 7:30 AM. But I digress...
At 6:45 AM on Thursday, I was making my way out of the hotel in a daze, on my way to FedEx Kinko's to pick up some documents for an 8:15 AM executive presentation. My heels clicked on the marble lobby floor as I sped through the lobby. I said my obligatory hellos to the completely useless doormen, then turned towards the sliding glass doors, only to be shocked to see giant flames flickering in the glass.
I paused for a moment, and then realized that the flames from the lobby fireplace were being reflected by the doors, perfectly illustrating my feelings about the day ahead and the people I had to spend it with.
I briskly walked into the flames.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...