Monday, August 03, 2026

Happy New England Halloween?

For several years I have been putting off the purchase of "Disgusting Rat," which would have made an entertaining Halloween addition to our front porch.  Sadly, Disgusting Rat is now not only disgusting, but also permanently out of stock.  I should have loaded up on that junk while I had the chance.

Running an errand at Michael's this morning, I wound my way through the seasonal display of ghosts, pumpkins, and skeletons of all shapes and sizes when I spotted a large table of rubber decorations.  Could my long lost rat be there?  At the edge of a pile of black cats, frogs, and snakes, a dark figure on the back corner of the table caught my eye.  It was a black rubber...

...lobster(?), an interesting regional twist on holiday decorating.  Before now I had no idea that the local crustaceans participated in the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...