There are many people in the world who lack originality. However, I was surprised to find that even in a firm full of such talented young people there is significant overlap in the lines being used for office flirting / pickup attempts.
As a service to the pathetic and unoriginal men everywhere, I will keep a tally of said lines and how many times they are unknowingly used on me in my office by different men. Let this be a lesson to you, dear readers - do not by any means consider incorporating these into your MO.
Line 1: "You must be following me around"
Believe it or not, there are reasons for me to actually leave my desk during working hours. Just because I happened to cross your path on my way to the ladies room does not mean that I am tracking your whereabouts.
Metrics
Perpetrators: 2
Occurrences: 4
Notable usage: Someone actually said this to me when they walked into a room where I was sitting down and having coffee, with another man I might add.
Line 2:
Bebemoche: " What are you doing in the office today?"
Perp: "Well of course, I came back early to see you."
Bebemoche: " No, what are you really doing in the office today?"
Metrics
Perpetrators: 2
Occurrences: 2
Notable usage: Any usage of this lame-ass line is notable. This is really pathetic, although I suppose it does have a certain old-school charm about it.
In the next installment: Read about how rejecting desserts bruises
egos...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thanks for the tip. i've used those lines myself so now I feel soooo stupid.
ReplyDeleteR U french??? that would b nize if U were.