I am pleased to report that the end of my health crisis is finally near; I have almost completely returned to normal thanks to the most repulsive and unlikely of remedies.
This all began in early December when I was once again beset by debilitating pain. In the weeks since, I tried everything to make the pain go away: multiple rounds of antibiotics, physical therapy, narcotics, acupuncture, bed rest, exercise, abusing other people to make up for my personal pain, compulsive baking, imagining I was mistress of the universe, etc.
Lo and behold, my acupuncturist provided a custom herbal formula this past week, warning me that I should not worry because "it goes down quick." It is a brownish orange powder that must be mixed with hot water to form some sort of foul tea. I might as well have scraped it off of the New York sidewalks it tastes so absolutely disgusting. I must even hold my nose when I drink it. But it appears to be either well-timed or actually working for me, so perhaps I will eventually develop a liking for that just scooped up off the floor flavor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...