Saturday, February 21, 2026

What Are We Naming Our Ranch?

I recently spent some wonderful time in Santa Fe.  No sooner had I returned home to New England when references to the Epstein ranch outside of Santa Fe began to surface, casting a dark shadow over New Mexico.  And what had they named the ranch?  I can imagine the brainstorming session as people threw out names:  Hidden Valley Ranch?  No, we might be sued for that one.  Neverland Ranch?  We wouldn't want people to be confused.  I just saw a TV series; how about we call it Zorro?

An ironic reference to his double identity?  A nod to pop culture that was intended to be cool?  A literal translation of "fox"?  All of the above?  Regardless, it is both unimaginative and ridiculous.  Couldn't they have done better?

 

* Unfortunate timing for this reboot 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...