I post this several hours before the lease signing, so any number of things could go wrong between now and then. But, I must share with you all my news of the impossible. I planned to spend the last month of my summer vacation here in Manhattan looking at apartments. Friends and family had prepared me for the worst: weeks of aggressive searching, nasty brokers, uncivilized competitors, $2000 per month closet-sized grungy apartments...
Yet, the impossible has happened; I found a fabulous apartment in New York City within 48 hours of my arriving back in the United States. The lease signing is at 3pm this afternoon.
Granted, I have had to pay significant amounts of cash (we're talking in the thousands) for the deposits, rent, and broker's fees...but this place was just too good to pass up. I am so much in shock I hardly know what to do with myself. I never expected that this would happen so quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...