I am repeatedly amazed by how my colleagues consistently choose to demonstrate our firm’s core values. Just the other day, the CEO sent out a mail reminding us of the firm’s commitment to values including:
fairness, integrity, respect, trust, diversity, and professionalism …
A few minutes later, I received that charming E-vite concerning a firm-sponsored Las Vegas trip, to which someone responded:
“I'll be there with 7 gorgeous lingerie models, all of whom will be thoroughly disgusted with me by 9PM Friday”
Let’s see how the response stacks up against the values:
Fairness – I would say it is only fair if he gives all seven lingerie models equal attention. (Maybe)
Integrity – Well, is he or is he not being honest? (Maybe)
Respect – Perhaps it is out of respect for his female colleagues that he will drive away the models by Friday evening. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (Yes)
Trust – He clearly trusts in his own ability to repulse not one, not two, but all seven models… (Yes)
Diversity – With a gaggle of seven models, I’m assuming there will be a diverse mix of blondes, brunettes, redheads; those that have and have not had plastic surgery; those with and without a high school education (Yes)
Professionalism – Believe me, I now have a LOT of professional respect for this individual (Yes)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...