This year, I have dedicated many hours to recruiting capable MBAs from my alma mater. This week, I had the pleasure of reviewing approximately 50 resumes of aspiring management consultants. Here are some of the highlights, followed by my usual keen insights (in italics):
- Launched marshmallow product (that's great, because if it had been a hard candy product there is no way we would have considered you for an interview)
- Directed 20-person team on Christmas Day during a blizzard (...let me guess, you walked uphill both ways to get there?)
- Basic knowledge of French, Norwegian, Spanish, Hebrew, and Chinese (none of which will be useful in a business setting, but I am sure your multilingual Coca-cola ordering is quite impressive)
- Served as a trusted advisor to senior management (had you written "distrusted," I would have found you to be an even more capable candidate...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...