A week after September 11th, I traveled to Kenya on business for the second time. I had scheduled a weekend safari at a Japanese resort that overlooked the game reserve from a hilltop. As most of the Japanese needed to travel through the middle east on their way to Keyna, their trips had been cancelled. A single Japanese couple and I therefore occupied an entire resort, which was disconcerting in itself. A guard with stretched earlobes and a shotgun walked me back and forth from the restaurant to my room. I was upgraded to a cabin with an outdoor hot tub from which I could admire the spectacular view. This colorful lizard also liked the hot tub, and spent hours with me on the back porch, only inches from my foot, bobbing his head up and down to signal that I had invaded his territory. He was about a foot long, and made me slightly nervous. Fortunately, we passed the time together without incident.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...