Yesterday evening I left work while the sun was still going down. I worked a record low of 11 hours and then decided to go home and relax. I don't know what has come over me, but whatever it is, it is a positive force. Thus, I'm going to roll with it and give you, my dear readers, some highlights of the past six weeks, which has literally been one of the worst periods in my life.
Saving old ladies. Most of you don't know that besides working grueling management consulting hours, I work an evening shift as Supergirl. I've recently come into contact with many of the charming and handsome members of the NYC fire and police departments, as well as with various 911 operators, all thanks to my 100 year old neighbor who lives alone and until recently did not have any means to alert someone if she fell, well, no means besides banging on the pipes and faintly crying for help at 3am... (Even worse is the fact that the 3am banging disturbed my work rather than my sleep)
[Comments about those who can not add have been removed to protect the careers of those who can add...]
Cabin fever. I was stuck at home in bed with bronchitis for 11 straight days, which is enough to drive even the most sane person insane. Fortunately, my manager made sure I was in touch with the team by asking me to do a lot of work when I was on leave. (My answer was a resounding "NO")
Being criticized for being "too positive." That will never happen again.
Joining Facebook. Even if I am the only person in their mid-thirties on Facebook, Facebook is cool. Please link to me because at this point I only have two friends and that's making me feel uncool.
Finally being treated (relatively) well. [Must leave this one to the imagination]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really miss you... skimmed through your blog... will revisit and revisit... was great talking to you... very sincere about that
ReplyDelete