Wednesday, May 13, 2026

Internal Revenue Service Tests Fortitude

A rather unpleasant notice arrived in the mail this past week.  The IRS has apparently not processed the extension that we filed months ago for business taxes.  Yesterday I called the phone number on the notice in hopes of proving that the error is indeed on the part of the IRS.

After hearing an announcement that my wait time would be between thirty and sixty minutes, I was met with an entire one hour and forty minutes of insipid hold music, after which point the line went silent.  

Not wanting to give up completely, I remained on the line for another twenty-five staticky minutes until the call was disconnected, but not before it played a recorded message about how the call could not go through.  I could try again today, or attempt to contact them via another failing institution, the United States Postal Service...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...