OK, so the week of Haiku didn't quite work out. That's because all spare time as I know it is now gone. The good news, though, is that the music is back in my life. My CD player broke during the move, but this past weekend I managed to hook up the DVD player with my amplifier and speakers, plus, I dug out my iPod and now have music at work. So, things are looking up; there's music in the background while I work 11 hours a day with no lunch break surrounded by jerks.
Anyway, I always thought fondly of that closing scene in the movie Working Girl, where Melanie Griffith gets her job in the big investment bank and that motivational Carly Simon tune plays in the background as Melanie prepares to kick the asses of many a Wharton and Harvard graduate.
Well, now I know why that film had to end when she enters her office - because more than likely our heroine had just walked into a snakepit. Ah, reminds me of my own place of business.
This morning, I lugged to work a huge laptop bag packed with laptop, papers, chargers, cords, etc., a handbag, and a coffee (the latter being a Monday morning necessity). When I arrived at the door of my office, of course my access card did not work. Fortunately, one of my new colleagues was there on the inside of the office to prove that she was a bitch by not opening the door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...