Friday, March 06, 2026

I've Already Been To the Rodeo...

Monster Jam recently announced that it will soon be coming to a city near me.  Never having attended a monster truck rally, I can't help but wonder if I am missing out on another quintessentially American spectacle, much like professional sports matches or state fairs.  The draw of a monster truck rally is even greater now that Idiocracy, which features such trucks, has just about reached documentary status.

Excaliber,* not to be confused with Excalibur,
will be making an appearance


Sadly, I realized that there is no need for me to attend, as Monster Jam appears on its YouTube channel to be very similar to driving in my small and fortunately nimble sedan on I-95, surrounded by SUV drivers who naturally maneuver with the expected post-Covid lack of civility.

* As a Lit nerd, I lit up when I saw the name of this truck.  Were these guys actually, shockingly, educated?  Did they relish time spent with Thomas Malory or immerse themselves in Steinbeck?  Alas, it didn't take me long to figure out that Excalibur is featured in many video games, some more worthy than others.  America is doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...