E-mail is a magnificent medium, especially for keeping in touch with friends and family scattered across the globe. However, the use of e-mail to air one's dirty laundry to large audiences (as opposed to the use of blogs to anonymously make fun of everyone) turns me off.
In recent months I have received a long e-mail detailing how a high school friend cheated on his long-term girlfriend with an underage student, details of a messy divorce in which bank accounts were emptied, credit cards run up, and papers served as a surprise, and responses from concerned and foul-mouthed friends...
Perhaps a Hallmark Card would have been more appropriate? Or maybe a haiku?
...On [date], an attorney met me upon my arrival at the airport in [city] and handed me divorce papers. There had been no discussion or warning that this was coming. I then found out that the joint credit card had been used for a shopping spree. Then I found out a week later that checks were bouncing from our joint checking account, only to find that the account had been emptied...that same trusted wife is now forcing me to pay her half or more of my! income for 15 more months. She's also going after half of what might have been saved or built from my work during the marriage even though she ... didn't contribute anywhere near equally to any of it. And I pay all of the legal fees involved ...
...This is absolutely ridiculous. All this coming from a 35 year old man! All I can say is that this is a very transparent attempt to "tattle on you"...grow up! ... Yeah someone who would consider a human ATM machine a "provider" would better appreciate his type of support... All the empty promises about being a family and supporting each other...more bullshit...I think I can safely say on behalf of everyone who loves you, " [man's name], FUCK OFF...deal with your own daemons [sic]...grow up...and get your shit together and move on...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...