Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Love/Hate Relationship Wth Job Continues

I work a minimum of approximately 70 hours a week, that is, when I don't have a big deadline. Most days I pray for the weekend (when I also must work, but at least I can sleep in).

When I receive positive feedback from my management, it somehow seems to make the long hours and grueling work worthwhile - for about 12 hours until that rose-colored glasses view of the world wears off and I once again begin to question whether I want to be in the top x% of my Associate class (given what that takes) or eventually become a partner in the firm or run a major corporation, all of which would earn me millions...

I am still asking myself whether or not this is really worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...