This is New York, and no matter how long ago September 11th occurred, we are always a little bit on edge here in the city. A few minutes ago, I received a call from panicked colleagues who were literally running away from our office building.
We work in a skyscraper which is significantly tall to give anyone concerns about emergency exits. Around 6PM, everyone heard a huge explosion, the building started shaking, lights flickering...and they were forced to run. The streets were apparently full of people, running and screaming...
There is not much news coverage at this point, but the media is claiming that said explosion was simply a transformer or manhole.
Update: Read about it here; the photo puts things in perspective.
Thank goodness everyone is ok.
(Thank goodness I am working from home this afternoon)
I can not tell you how awful it was to receive that call from a panicked person running down the street, referencing 9/11, and saying things such as "if anything happens to me..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...