This is what he should aspire to be From the NY Times):
To the Editor:
When the master wizard Albus Dumbledore fell victim to the Avada Kedavra curse in the sixth installment of Harry Potter, I cried.
Emotion swept over me, and I will never forget the intensity of the moment.
I can only hope that despite my seeing the headline and lead of Thursday’s review of the final Harry Potter — which clearly came two days too early — fans like me will still be surprised enough on Saturday to feel the bittersweet emotional rush upon finishing the series that we have anticipated for the last 10 years.
The Times should know better than to mess with magic.
After a stint as a graduate student, a wannabe (parisian) Martha Stewart, an insightful cultural critic/blogger, and a furniture construction worker, Bebemoche worked at a prestigious consulting firm where she was chained to a computer and forced to solve business problems of supposed interest. Now she solves business problems of actual interest as she attempts to salvage her sense of humor
This is what he should aspire to be From the NY Times):
ReplyDeleteTo the Editor:
When the master wizard Albus Dumbledore fell victim to the Avada Kedavra curse in the sixth installment of Harry Potter, I cried.
Emotion swept over me, and I will never forget the intensity of the moment.
I can only hope that despite my seeing the headline and lead of Thursday’s review of the final Harry Potter — which clearly came two days too early — fans like me will still be surprised enough on Saturday to feel the bittersweet emotional rush upon finishing the series that we have anticipated for the last 10 years.
The Times should know better than to mess with magic.
Andrew M.
New York, July 19, 2007