For those of you who enjoyed my India updates, there is yet another. First of all, two of my new colleagues are from Bangalore, and one even lives in the same apartment complex where I stayed during my internship (although I doubt that she has a smashed bloody mosquito on her bathroom wall).
Second of all, after having returned home late last night, having stayed up until 1am attempting to correct configuration problems on my laptop, then having risen early for a haircut, I was not in the mood to cook lunch. While doing my basic grocery shopping, I was tempted by some prepared Indian dishes. So, I decided to find an Indian restaurant in my neighborhood.
Fortunately, I discovered that one of the best Indian restaurants in Manhattan (according to the Zagat) is a few blocks away and has a lunch buffet...
UNfortunately, the food there is so good that it tastes exactly what I ate in India. There were only a few dishes that I could tolerate in Bangalore, including Dosa, Idli and Vada, and all were replicated at lunch. I should have walked out the moment I recognized the South Indian specialties. I have never felt more ill in the United States...each bite took me back to Bangalore, and I want to be sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...