Thursday, September 08, 2005
Summer 2005: HOT and NOT
The summer is coming to a close, and I might actually have to do some work some time soon. What better occasion than to share my summer 2005 "Hot and Not" highlights with all of you.
HOT
The Rowenta Professional Clothing Steamer. I was first introduced to the steamer by my host A. with whom I stayed for my apartment search period. When I asked if A had an iron, he replied, "I don't iron. I steam." And boy did I see why. Wrinkles come out of clothing in less than 30 seconds with a lot less work than ironing. This item is a must have!
The Redi-Shade. How can choosing window treatments, a supposedly simple task, be so incredibly complicated? I opted for the easy way out. Home Depot sells the Redi-Shade. For less than $5, this self-adhesive paper shade can be cut with an Exacto knife to fit your windows perfectly, until you find your "real" window treatments, which may be never for me.
The Sweatband. Al has convinced me that the sweatband, especially when worn with a full, mushroom-like hairstyle that overflows over the band, is damn hot. It's only a matter of time before everyone is wearing them, maybe even with the Wonder Woman-like matching wristbands.
NOT
The Lonely Planet Guidebooks. I write this as I stare at a bookshelf full of Lonely Planet guides. Had I followed their advice in Kenya a few years back, I might not have lived to tell. Recent incidents in Turkey also highlighted the incompetence of the Lonely Planet writers. Good riddance to the soon to be even Lonelier Planet.
Starbuck's Coffee Concoctions. The thought of a triple soy light venti frozen latte with caramel and whipped cream makes my stomach churn. Coffee was not meant to be ordered or served that way. Let's get back to old-time coffee values.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...