Apologies again to my few faithful readers for the absence of new posts for the past week or so. Since I moved in to my New York apartment so quickly (despite the utter incompetence of my movers), I was guilted into visiting family in The South.
Memphis, Tennessee, my home town, was the first stop. Culinary highlights of my trip included:
- Corky's BBQ
- Buttermilk biscuits, milk gravy, crispy bacon, and fried green tomatoes at The Blue Plate Cafe
- Pancho's cheese dip, a local specialty
- A box of ten low-fat twinkies from the Hostess outlet store - my no-longer secret addiction
Twinkies. So bad, yet so good!!!!
The house was full with a random Scottish exchange student, my mother, my sister, my nephew, two unbelievably stupid persian cats whose white fur you'll be seeing on my clothing for the next six months, and later, hurricane evacuees - two cousins, an infant, a toddler, and two more cats. I'd say that I got out of town not a minute too soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...