Thursday, September 08, 2005

Screwed

Alas, I have hardly had time to add any posts to this masterpiece of a blog, because I have returned to my new home in New York only to realize that I barely have time to pull everything together before work starts on Monday.

I mustered what little energy I had after so many vacation days sitting on the sofa and eating, and headed over to Hold Everything to purchase shelving for my kitchen and bedroom, because I have way too much junk to cram into a measly three closets.

I was delighted to find that everything could be delivered yesterday. I was not so delighted to find that the boxes weighed 100 lbs. each, making them rather difficult to manoeuver in my apartment, and even less pleased to see that the two items together contained more than 100 screws that needed to be screwed in! Needless to say, I don't have a power drill, and I am incredibly impatient.

My first bookshelf I'd say is about at the 85% mark in terms of being screwed together. But that did not prevent me from putting it up already, heh heh. And I did not have the heart to screw on the back of my kitchen shelves (12 more screws), especially as my right arm has been paralyzed by all of this screw activity.

I say, the furniture at Hold Everything is cute, but putting that damn stuff together is a killer. My days of pre-fab screw-together furniture are over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...