Thursday, January 08, 2026

Bebemoche Classified As "Nut Job" By Chinese Intelligence Agency

My first mistake was ordering a paint by numbers to be shipped from China, but I couldn't resist.  Winter weekends are long, and a painting seemed like a nice change of pace in terms of pastime.  I weighed the risks and ultimately decided that I didn't care if the Chinese government would gain information about me, since they already have some from my previous visit.

However, I didn't quite think things through.  When my canvas and paints arrived, I first realized just how difficult it would be to paint the tiny blotches of 29 different paint colors, some numbered spaces so small they would require a jeweler's loupe. 

More importantly, I realized that there was unforeseen reputational risk.  Now not only must I be labeled in the Chinese database as a middle-aged loser who does paint by numbers, I have also earned the label of "insane" due to the complexity of the painting's design.  If it hasn't been thrown in the garbage beforehand it should be completed by early 2028.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...