Sunday, January 18, 2026

Thanks For the Memories

Not too long ago I was in Heathrow, in a post-trans-Atlantic-flight-induced haze, when I spotted a familiar face.  I couldn't figure out where I knew the man in his sixties that was standing very close to me at baggage claim from, but I got the feeling that I had to know him from Manhattan.  Had he been a Partner at my consulting firm?  Or perhaps a client?  I had spotted Partners in Heathrow in the past, as repulsive and counterproductive to any feeling of being on vacation as that may have been.

It wasn't until the next morning when I crossed paths with the man again on the street in Pimlico that it dawned on me.  He had played Davos Seaworth on Game of Thrones, a TV series that could easily be mistaken for my former NYC workplace because of its similar themes and atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...