"Founded in 2012, Wildsam is an American travel brand built upon telling true stories of place. We seek out the real and rooted things, what’s truly authentic, and share the pathways to deep connections and wonders in the world, for travelers and locals alike"
You, my dear readers, will be seeking authenticity and wishing you could read stories of place for a long time, because these guides are in a font so small that normal people, by that I mean people in the prime of their lives, can't even read them with reading glasses. I'm thinking of filing a complaint with the AARP.
However, there is an even more glaring issue. I don't want to foment inter-generational conflict, but hey, millennial morons, a map is not just something that is on your phone.
![]() |
| This is what passes for a map in a Wildsam field guide. I challenge you to reach your destination |
All I know is that when the shit hits the fan and the cell service goes down, I will be hightailing it out of town using my paper map, leaving a trail of confused millennials in my wake. How's that for authentic?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated, so, spammers, don't bother...